Application Process – Paper Submission
To download a printable version of this page including the application, click here.
While The Parker Foundation has no application form to complete, a request for grant support must:
- In 3 pages or less (letterhead preferred):
- Describe the specific use proposed for the requested funds, including a description of the project or charitable use; the degree to which the project is beneficial to San Diego County; the number of individuals in San Diego County directly aided or affected by the project; and any other information which you may deem relevant.
- Describe the method by which the results of the project to be supported can be measured, and agree to provide The Parker Foundation, within six months of the grant payment, with a report on the measured outcome and results of the supported program.
- Describe other charitable organizations you partner with, outline other charitable organizations that provide similar services, if applicable (if so, how do you distinguish yourself from the other organizations), and describe source of clients.
- The grant request should be signed by the Executive Director.
- Provide (a) a detailed current budget of your organization, (b) a detailed budget for the specific project, including other sources of funding, whether committed, conditional or potential, (c) a copy of your most recent annual financial report (latest Audited Financial Statement preferred or pertinent pages from latest Form 990 if audit not applicable), (d) Balance Sheet (Assets/Liabilities) for the most recent quarter, and (e) Income Statement [an Income statement is also known as a Profit/Loss Statement] (Revenue/Expenses) from the end of the Annual Financial Report referenced in c. above, to the latest quarter.
- Provide a list of the Board of Directors.
- Include verification that the charitable organization requesting the grant is at present a charitable organization under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) and California Revenue & Taxation Code Section 23701(d); a copy of each determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service and the Franchise Tax board must accompany the request (you can obtain an FTB Entity Status letter @ ftb.ca.gov).
- Complete Grant Proposal Cover Sheet (pdf) (insert before narrative).
The Parker Foundation considers initial grant proposals in written form only. Board decisions are communicated in writing, usually within 60 days of receipt of the request. The Board of Directors of The Parker Foundation meet frequently throughout the year. Deadlines for grant proposals are posted on the website under Board Schedule/Deadlines.
The Parker Foundation does not accept personal delivery of grant proposals.
All grant requests and inquiries should be directed to:
Robbin C. Powell, Chief Administrative Officer
The Parker Foundation
2604-B El Camino Real, Suite 244
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Provide 1 original set of narrative and supporting documents outlined below. Please do not provide double sided copies, and do not staple, clip or bind the proposal, including any supporting documents – all documents will be scanned.
A. Narrative (should not exceed 3 pages — letterhead preferred)
__ Describe use of funds/project
__ Degree to which project is beneficial to San Diego
__ Number of persons affected
__ Provide method to support measurement of results
__ Agree to provide 6 month report
__ Describe your universe
__ Signed by Executive Director
B. Supporting Documents
__ Grant Proposal Cover Sheet Completed (insert before narrative)
__ IRS 501(c)(3) letter & FTB 23701(d) letter
__ Board of Directors List
__ Budget for the Organization
__ Budget for the Project (include source of funding – committed, conditional or potential)
__ Annual Financial Report (Audited Financial Statement preferred)*
__ a) Balance Sheet (Assets/Liabilities) for the most recent quarter, and
__ b) Income Statement [an Income statement is also known as a Profit/Loss Statement] (Revenue/Expenses) from the end of the Annual Financial Report referenced above, to the latest quarter.
* If not available, provide pertinent pages from IRS Form 990